Thursday 9 August 2012

Brick Wall has gone

2 Weeks ago I posted a blog post stating that I had hit a brick wall in development of Phoenix.  I totally thought I found a bug in Stencyl,  as I had tried everything to sort it, but whatever I tried the collision was not being detected between two different objects.   After posting on the Stencyl forum I got one very friendly user who kindly looked into the problem for me.  Last week, he got back to me and figured out the solution, it was trivial to say the least, but he didn't fix it with the first idea he had though.

So back on track, I have managed to create the code I wanted, and things are back on track :).   But I am now participating in a game development contest over at TOTGB (Think Outside The Game Box).   The theme for the contest is Evolution,  so far there have been very interesting ideas floating about and I can not wait to see the outcome of some of the games.

You can read about my entry over at TOTGB and read my development blog there.

In my next post I will give away information on what each obstacles are in Phoenix,  stay tuned, it will be a good one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment